Monday, July 14, 2014

two landscape watercolors

Watercolor landscapes by Polly Jones
Hello again.  I hope all is well with you!  I've been away for a couple of months.  My husband was one of the art professors with a college study abroad group and I was able to tag along on a wonderful trip.  We were based in Oxford, England and Scandicci, Italy and our time was spent museum hopping and painting.

I'll be sharing a few pieces from the trip over the next few days.  Above are watercolors I did in Oxford.  The first was the view across the street from the house we stayed in.  The second was done in University Parks from a bench that J.R. Tolkein frequented.  Watercolor is not my favorite way to paint but it's growing on me. 

3 comments:

kath001 said...

Very nice! The trip AND the paintings! :)

Sheriart said...

What a wonderful adventure and journal of your trip. I like.

Polly Jones said...

Thank you Kathleen and Sheri! I appreciate it. It was a wonderful trip but I'm so happy to be home.